Liminal - Core Rulebook
In je winkelwagen?Nog 1 op voorraad!
ProductomschrijvingAcademic wizards and gutter mages, vampires and werewolves, Men in Black working for a secret religious order and a police division investigating Fortean crimes. The cities and the very landscape encompass haunted places and lost bubbles of history, faerie courts and places of power. But you know. You’re at the edge of the Hidden World. Maybe you’ve seen it and can’t ignore it. Maybe you’re from the Hidden World, but with ties to humanity.
Liminal is a self-contained tabletop roleplaying game about those on the boundary between the modern day United Kingdom and the Hidden World- the world of secret societies of magicians, a police division investigating Fortean crimes, fae courts, werewolf gangs, and haunted places where the walls between worlds are thin.
The players portray Liminals - those who stand between the mortal and magical realms, with ties to each. Examples of Liminals include:
● A magician who acts as a warden to protect unaware mortals from supernatural menaces;
● Someone of mysterious birth who is perhaps half Fae. In any case they are caught up in Faerie politics whether they like it or not;
● A burglar who steals supernatural relics;
● A werewolf who still has many ties to ordinary people;
● A dhampir, striving to do good despite their vampiric infection;
● A mortal detective who knows some of the real strangeness out there.
Liminal uses a D6 based system with the common notation of Xd6 to mean the result of rolling X six-sided dice and adding the results together to get a number.
For example, in a skill test, you roll 2d6 (two six-sided dice, with the results, added
together), add your character’s skill, and compare the result with a target number.